Thursday, April 23, 2009

Always quiet, always collecting...


always improving things...I knew this one needed the collar fixed and a bow right from the start, I just wasn't quite sure how to go about it. Today it just popped out. POP! And let me tell you, I couldn't be more thrilled. This is pretty much everything I love about dresses all rolled into one: slightly fetish but with plenty of class, faded and worn out, and something about that olive green velvet takes me to a world of Emily Dickinson and ghosts in the attic. This might also be because I've been giving Emily Dickinson some thought lately...not her poetry, but her existence. I am bemused by the stuffily feminine notion of secluding herself from society to sit in her room at write poetry. I am impressed with the eccentricity of existing secretly and conducting social relations through the post...or online if we are to catupult this concept into the 2000's. Possibly I ponder such things because I spend the majority of my mornings and early afternoons creeping about in my basement...and I like it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails