Monday, February 7, 2011

You, me, us, everyone. Musical Monday #9: Akron/Family



My first experience with Akron/Family was "Raising the Sparks" from 2005's self titled album, and something about the energetic hallelujah hippie sound nabbed me. I've had an eye out ever since, especially when they reappeared on Matthias' computer while cleaning the kitchen in Amsterdam one evening. It was 2009's Set 'Em Wild, Set 'Em Free and I listened to the entirety at full volume without regrets. Today I listened to their latest album, S/T II: The Cosmic Birth And Journey Of Shinju TNT, and it's...pretty good. I mean, I liked it. It just wasn't quite right for the mood or something. For some reason though, this song followed me home at the end of the day. Maybe because it's true. Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails